Part III: The Connected Worker and Dynamic Risk Management
Last week we discussed the value of time with dynamic risk management. To refresh your memory, dynamic risk management grabs hold of the potential of operational and digital excellence and wraps these concepts around the intelligence of AI and insights to create a platform that uses AI-driven predictive and prescriptive analytics with real-time data collection to achieve dynamic safety routines.
Dynamic risk management ensures that decisions are data-driven which means that they are targeted and relevant, saving on costs and time. Alerts are in real-time which allows for rapid response times and improved worker safety, plus it adds the ability to identify and monitor predictive and proactive metrics with actionable insights for improved decision-making and continuous process improvement. Add in the fact that there are actionable insights derived from real-time data analytics, historical data and company-wide curated metrics, continuing to add value to the organization throughout the value chain.
In addition, dynamic risk management should provide:
- Benchmarking across business units, facilities and regions.
- Detailed reporting that can reveal crucial information that will allow for decision makers to identify pain points and drive improvements in company asset and safety management – strategically, and in real time.
- Personalized and visualized business reports and insights customized for every role in the company.
- A risk model that includes data from the worker, location, time of day, weather, tools and materials. It proactively prevents events that threaten worker lives or create production failures and can deliver a personalized safety routine that guides the performance of people, tasks and assets.
- A permit to work (PTW) strategy document and system that’s highly agile and adaptable to ensure worker safety and measurable risk reductions in hazardous or non-standard working conditions.
- Dynamic risk management connects siloed data to detect risks to asset reliability and availability.
- Perform Risk Based Inspections based on threat likelihood and potential consequence have measurable value for decision makers and the organization.
- Deploying dynamic operator rounds based on asset health and safety performance data including anomalies and corrective actions can fundamentally change the risk dialogue.
GOARC Safety 4.0 Platform
GOARC’s Connected Worker app provides a full digital view of facility activities, converging personal and process safety to protect operatives and critical assets. Providing a dynamic work environment with real-time communication and data, the Connected Worker solution delivers unique visualization and personalized routines to keep workers focused and attentive. The most engaging industrial safety App with integrated information from all sources enabling fast data-driven decisions at the right time.
GOARC’s Safety 4.0 features a real-time, centralized control center as a single source of truth for use by all teams on a dedicated, secure SaaS platform. Converging massive amounts of data from a wide range of sources, including internal organizational documentation, onsite feedback, ERP system, IoT sensors and external information databases, GOARC connects the dots between disparate units, best practices, guidelines and predictive insights.
Enhanced communication and connectivity between command center, maintenance, and operations provides a dynamic and predictive snapshot of the changing environment in real time, offering user-friendly insights and personalized safety recommendations and alerts anytime, anywhere onsite. Connected workers use a mobile app to report from the field, including video, images, and reports, with real-time push notifications and text message to all involved teams. The system offers full transparency and access at the enterprise level, automated workflows, and localization in 15 different languages.
GOARC ‘s integrative and reliable technology-based platform helps workers and managers avoid human error and mitigate risks in a multi-level approach:
- Connected safety: End-to-end integration breaks down silos of information, connecting man and machine for enhanced personal and process safety. Personalized recommendations are tailored to individual employees, locations, material, machines, and activities.
- Predictive safety: Preventative safety analysis identifies and tracks predictive metrics, providing relevant safety guidelines and delivering a powerful protection layer that is far more effective than retrospective, data-based safety analysis.
- Behavioral safety: Safety administration connects EHS teams, management and workers to improve human behavior insights and promote training and learning for a safer, more engaged workforce.
- Dynamic safety: An adaptive, personalized and contextual approach that delivers continuous situational awareness related to machines, workers, location, and activity. GOARC Safety 4.0 recognizes risks for personal safety and provides accident prevention recommendations in real time. The solution delivers automated alerts or shutdowns if needed, blocking activities of workers and machines. GOARC takes into account ever-changing complex data and work environments, delivering dynamic data for dynamic safety.
“Using data and insights provided by a real-time, integrated platform, you know that the data is constantly refreshed, and fresh, so you can manage your environments with greater efficiency and clarity. An optimized dashboard will also include photographs and videos of the field along with the relevant time and location stamps as well as diagrams, charts, and more. You can then use this information to not just resolve issues at speed, but to proactively refine safety and operational management across multiple environments and scenarios.” – Haim Srur, CEO GOARC
Connected Intelligence with GOARC
The GOARC Safety 4.0 platform is an innovative industrial safety solution that blends digital, innovation and intelligence into a coherent solution that delivers measurable results. Offering real-time, multi-level predictive and preventative data and insights, this AI-driven solution leverages predictive analytics for behavior-based safety within dynamic safety routines.
Using data, technology and behavioral science, the SaaS-based Safety 4.0 platform allows for organizations to create dynamic safety routines that incorporates real-time data collection and eliminates information gaps, data gaps and team silos by moving from point solutions into one real-time, multi-level fully connected solution.
Built on the five core pillars of the connected worker, connected process, command center, intelligence center, and AI and ML, the Safety 4.0 solution delivers a constant flow of information throughout a cohesive digital ecosystem that thrives on data. Every touchpoint, user and system is part of the flow – connected and integrated to provide robust data and insights that can constantly evolve the business and inform strategic decision making.
Find out more about Safety 4.0 from GOARC, and discover operational excellence through real-time dynamic risk management and data-driven intelligence.