Leveraging smart technology to improve risk management and protect worker health and safety in the mining industry
Having controls in place with effective connectivity and communication is critical in mining operations. The need for proactive and preventative measures and reliable remote monitoring capabilities underscores the importance of having a cohesive picture of all aspects of operations for optimal situational awareness. Resilient risk management and safety relies on handling vast amounts of data from vehicles, equipment, workers, inspections, and remote drilling locations. Centralized control and accessible information are vital to identify potentially hazardous interactions and combined risk factors and enable mine operators to practice proactive and preventive maintenance, optimize machine uptime, and protect workers.
Dynamic Risk Management
GOARC’s safety solution answers the need to improve communications and data transfer across the mining site, providing dynamic risk assessment, enhanced control of process safety, and other critical controls even under extreme environmental conditions. GOARC’s centralized safety management platform integrates advanced technology, data, and artificial intelligence to improve connectivity with operators and processes in the field for proactive safety management. A real-time location-based app for employees, supervisors and subcontractors ensures continuous and reliable bi-directional communication and interaction to support a connected worker environment and the safety of all workers on-site, leveraging data from all sources, assets, and processes to identify and mitigate risks.
The GOARC platform fully integrates with equipment, software, IoT, sensors, and other sources for comprehensive remote monitoring and real-time data visualization in a single command center.
Did you know?
Here is something that you might like to know
AI found that most accidents happen in the morning, but with low impact.
Data integration and advanced analytics
View and monitor operations and gain critical insights with data on the real-time status of workers underground and tasks in the field to maximize personal and process safety.
- Centralized data visualization with advanced AI and ML analytics for improved data-driven decision-making, predictive analytics for risk identification and assessment
- Seamless flow and integration of data across mining operations, including internal and external data sources, IoT sensors, connected workers with PPE and mobile devices, employee report analysis
- Bi-directional communication between connected workers, supervisors, and control center enables real-time notifications and response time and hazard alerts to prevent dangerous collisions and accidents
- Reliable, actionable insights for informed risk assessment
- Access valuable data in the field to improve safety performance; records and investigation reports: explosions, falls of ground, environmental concerns
Integrated command center
- One source of information – a centralized network collects and aggregates massive amounts of data, breaks down silos of information
- Integrate data, analytics, and workflows
- Updated records and investigation reports, analysis
- Real-time alerts and response, rapid emergency management
- Enhanced communication from the field, greater worker awareness and engagement
Unique Visualization and Dynamic Personalized Routines
Permit to Work
Identify most efficient workflow lowering possible risk and increasing productivity
Integrated data-driven shift handover with real-time connectivity, visibility and communication
Plan, train, communicate, and implement emergency prevention and response
Converge Big Data in real-time with a dynamic view of emergency operations
Mitigate potential hazards with AI-based analytics and real-time insights in trends and leading indicators
In-depth incident investigation, risk assessment, and root cause analysis with effective corrective actions and accurate documentation
Control of Work
- Flexible system with dynamic routines and workflows
- Data support investigation and corrective action
- Analyze all work processes across the facility and set and monitor KPI’s
Critical Event Management
- Integrated end-to-end emergency communication and handling
- Detects anomalies and notifies workers with push notifications
- Emergency equipment audits, training and emergency drills
Asset Performance Management
- Track, analyze and manage asset lifecycle
- Prioritize maintenance and replacement activities
- Analyzes device properties to predict failures and performance degradation