Human and Organizational Performance
The ‘New View of Safety’, ‘Safety Differently’ and ‘Safety II’ philosophies advocate a cultural shift in the way that we perceive safety and the emphasis we place on how to achieve safe and reliable operations. Focus is on how work is really done (‘work as performed’), through meaningful engagement with the people who do the work, understanding what workers need to do their work successfully, and building capacity for error tolerant and resilient systems. The Human and Organizational Performance (HOP) mindset is to increase our interest and skill in, and our commitment to learning, rather than be surprised by human error and failure.
Human and Organizational Performance (HOP) is a cultural movement based on fundamental principles that apply to the relationship between the workers, the systems that define the work methods, and the workplace. The challenge is to adapt working practices to align with these principles, develop revised habits and achieve a sustained cultural shift. HOP aims to develop organizational transparency, as well as learning and creation of defense mechanisms, with a focus on proactive indicators that prevent incidents from occurring.
GOARC’s solutions for HOP include new methodologies and technologies to promote cutting edge safety culture, professional learning tours and knowledge transfer on site and between the company’s various sites. With the integration of safety cases, worker training history, team feedback, machine performance, task priorities, and organizational safety culture, GOARC provides one central source for practices, guidelines and predictive insights.
GOARC Safety 4.0 enables the integration of these principles into organizational processes by
- Engagement of workers to capture information that allows more detailed understanding of how work is performed
- Breaking down silos of information for richer understanding of the context of the workplace
- Identifying learning opportunities, supporting the learning process and distributing lessons learned for continual improvement
- Building measurable capacity through implementation of work activities and routines
- Influencing decision making of the right people, in the right place, at the right time
Empower HOP with GOARC
- Mobile connected worker
- Employee involvement
- Safety meetings